TERMS & CONDITIONS
BDC CONTRACT AGREEMENT
Please read these terms and conditions prior to commissioning Cassandra Tzortzoglou (BDC). These terms and conditions, together with a quote, is a contract between yourself, and Cassandra. Where there is conflict in the wording between these terms and conditions and the quote, the quote will take precedence.
Client contract details
- Photographic fees and charges
- Licensing/Usage fee and/or copyright fee
- Specifications for image formats and file sizes
- Delivery of images
- Location/s of photography
- Photographers assistant
- Responsibility for expenses
- Insurance coverage
- Sourcing models or talent, responsibility for payment
and model release forms
- Property access and property release forms
- Travel, accommodation and meal expenses
- Access requirements and responsibility
Client acceptance of the quote is required by return email or mail prior to the commencement of the photography.
Licensing and Usage of Images
Copyright of images created by Cassandra Tzortzoglou (BDC) will remain the property of Cassandra. Images supplied to the client are licensed for the clients' use based on the clients' requirements. The licence (otherwise known as usage) will typically detail the period of time for the use of the images and the media the images can be used in, and comes with a discussed fee. In all cases, the licence will meet the clients’ requirement as discussed prior to the provision of the quote.
Upon receipt of full payment the client will be licensed to use the images as detailed in the quote. Usage may be outlined as media only or print. Usage on a commercial basis by third parties needs to be negotiated with Cassandra. Usage of images after the expired date are prohibited and protected by legislation. Usage is to be discussed prior to commencement of job, and with full understanding by all parties involved.
Specifications for Image Formats
All images are processed individually. Images do not undergo advanced retouching or manipulation unless specified in quote. Images are supplied as full size jpegs. A set of low resolution jpegs is included for media use. Please advise if you have a requirement for images to be supplied in a different format. High resolution digital images are generally supplied @ 300 dpi in sRGB colourspace unless specified otherwise.
Delivery of Digital Images
Images are ready for delivery within the agreed timeframe after the completion of photography. A fee may apply to urgent delivery requests. Images are received via Dropbox Link, which is valid for 30 days and exclusive to the client in this policy agreement.
After images are initially distributed and received, a processing fee of $250.00 is charged for retrieval of images thereafter. This fee is non-negotiable.
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that an authorised representative is present during the photography for the client. If no authorised representative is present, the Photographer’s interpretation shall be accepted.
Unless agreed in advance, Cassandra expects to be the sole photographer on the shoot for the client.
Sourcing Models or Talent
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all models or talent appearing in the client’s photos, sign the appropriate model release. Cassandra can supply a release form if required. Please contact her for further details. The client will be responsible for payment to any models or talent used in the photography.
By accepting these terms and conditions and the relevant quote, the client agrees that Cassandra shall not be liable for any legal action or damages arising from the use the images provided to the client.
Cancellations and Postponements
Cassandra accepts that from time to time there is a need to cancel or postpone photographic shoots. The following cancellation and postponement fees may apply;
- Cancellation with more than 48 hours notice – all expenses incurred up to that time and 50% of photographic fees.
- Cancellation with less than 48 hours notice – all expenses incurred up to that time and 100% of photographic fees.
- Postponement due to weather with 24 to 48 hours notice - all expenses incurred up to that time. If the photographer has left for the location 25% of photographic fees will be charged.
- Postponement due to weather with less than 24 hours notice - all expenses incurred up to that time plus 25% of photographic fees. If the photographer has left for the location 50% of photographic fees will be charged
- If the cancellation is due to the lack of co-operation from the clients or subjects, all photographic fees and expenses will be charged to the client.
Full Day and Half Day Rates
A half day of photography is up to 4 hours attendance by the photographer. A full day of photography is up to 8 hours attendance by the photographer. If the project is extended from details in the original quote, then additional charges may apply. Please refer to Quote or Invoice for relevant pricing information.
Payment Terms and Methods
New clients – 14 days from invoice date
Established clients – 7 days from invoice date
Overseas clients – Full payment prior to delivery of images
Deposits – A 50% deposit is required on all projects over $1000.00
Payment methods – Payment can be made by cash, cheque, direct credit, or bank transfer.
Cassandra presently holds a public liability insurance policy for $20,000,000. If this amount is insufficient for your project, a temporary increase can be arranged at an additional charge.