Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, so you want to look and feel your best. But with all the excitement and nerves, it can be hard to relax in front of the camera. After my thorough experience in shooting over 250 Weddings, I have some pretty good advice. Here are five tips to help you look and feel relaxed in your wedding photos:
1. Hire a photographer who makes you feel comfortable. No brainer. This is one of the most important things. You want to feel like you can trust your photographer and that they have your best interests at heart so you can relax into the process & forget the camera is even there!
2. Get to know your photographer before the wedding. This will help you build trust and a friendship. If this is the only tip you follow, let it be. It is essential to get to know the people working with you on the day, especially your Photographer or Videographer. They are with you the wholeeeee day!! So get friendly and feel comfortable about any topic with them.
3. Choose Attire that make you feel confident. When you feel good about yourself, it will show in your photos. So choose attire that suits who you are, how you want to move on the day, and feels right on your body. Can you walk in your dress with the train and veil? Do you feel comfortable doing so? Lot's to consider here.
4. Don't be afraid to be yourself. Your wedding photos should be about your essence as a couple! Make it fun, be in the moment and get romantic together. This is so easy to do with simple prompts such as walking, moving, dancing, singing to music, whispering to each other, cuddling, kissing and swaying. Your photographer should guide you!
5. Have fun! Your wedding day should be a day of celebration and joy, if you feel nervous about the photo element, let your photographer know so they are prepared and have prompts in place to guide you. I have found having music playing from a speaker is a game changer and so fun. It allows each couple to relax and forget about what's happening with the camera.
Here's a creative spin on the last tip:
Imagine your wedding photos as a time capsule that you'll open up in 20 years and look back on with fondness. What do you want to see when you open that capsule? Be present in the moment and let your photographer capture the real you.
I hope you enjoyed reading my Blog Post. Love Cass x
Share this story